Deadline: February 19, 2020
Salary: $17.81 – $20.93 Per Hour
SUMMARY: Performs various complex and high risk procedures and techniques in responding to fire, medical, and rescue emergencies to ensure safety to the public and citizens of Katy.
- Responds to emergency dispatch calls including but not limited to fire alarms, hazardous materials, water rescues, motor vehicle accidents, and medical emergencies; coordinates response with neighboring departments and emergency response entities.
- Applies various fire suppression and extinguishing techniques; performs rescue operations.
- Initiates emergency medical treatments; starts IV, intubates patients, and selects and administers drugs as appropriate.
- Debriefs and creates thorough documentation and reports of incidents.
- Participates in the cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep of fire station.
- Verifies that all personal protective equipment is clean, undamaged, and properly staged for quick access.
- Cleans, maintains, and inspects all equipment and tools for proper functioning; checks apparatus fluid and tire levels; restocks supply cabinets in apparatus.
- Participates in all training for both firefighting, emergency rescue and evacuation, and emergency medical treatment.
- Provides fire prevention education and demonstrations to schools, churches, and the general public; may participate in community events such as parades and charity donations.
- Inspects predetermined businesses for appropriate fire prevention, protection, and extinguishment, points of egress, building codes, water connections, alarm panels, and sprinkler systems.
- Maintains physical fitness level required to complete assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection issued Structural Firefighter certification at the basic level or higher
- Texas Health Department issued Emergency Medical Technician Basic level certification; Paramedic License preferred
- Valid State Class B driver’s license, Exempt Commercial license preferred.
- Minimum age of 18. Must be at least 21 years of age to drive fire apparatus and possess a valid Class B exempt or better driver’s license with good driving record.
TESTING: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2020. Testing will consist of Written Exams and Physical Agility. Top candidates will move to the Interview stage to consist of an Interview Panel and Chief’s Interview.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
click HERE to Apply!