We offer Lateral Transfer opportunity for salary and vacation credit. Experienced applicants do not have to start at the "new hire" rate.
The City of Franklin is accepting applications to fill one current opening and several upcoming vacancies for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Please carefully read thru all application instructions below:
Applications must be RECEIVED by 12:00 Noon on
Friday, February 7, 2020.
18 years of age or older; Firefighter II certification*; WI EMT - Paramedic license*; valid driver’s license; excellent health and physical condition; and a National Registry Paramedic license*. (* - These three items do not have to be completed before applying. Please see below for timing requirement.)
Salary (Base Pay Annually):
$58,269 - $84,914 - Current wage for Firefighter/Paramedic. Top pay is achieved within 4 years of hire date.
Job Description: View job description.
Hiring Process: View the Police & Fire Commission’s December 2019 Hiring Process.
- Complete the City of Franklin application. (Please note that the email address is mandatory for this position or you will not receive potential interview instructions.)
- Make sure all of your firefighter, EMT, and paramedic experience is reflected in the Work History, Additional Experience, or the Qualifications sections of the application form or on a separate resume.
- Submit the following items in your application packet:
- Completed application.
- Answer on a separate piece of paper the question "Why do you want to be a City of Franklin Firefighter/Paramedic". Be specific in your answer.
- A resume of no more than 2 pages is required.
- *Firefighter II certification.
- *WI EMT - Paramedic license.
- *National Registry Paramedic license, if applicable.
- CPAT certificate, if you have completed the testing and your certificate is not expired.
(* - Items 4 and 5 must be obtained prior to 6/1/2020. Item 6 must be in the process of being completed, and must be complete prior to a conditional offer of employment being made -- see Hiring Process for full details. If you do not yet have Items 4, 5, and 6, please note their expected completion dates on your answer to the question sheet from Item 2.)
DO NOT include other items, such as reference letters, additional training documentation, etc., in your application packet.
Application packets must be received by 12 Noon on Friday, February 7, 2020. Packets should be placed into an approximately 9" x 12" manila envelope and either mailed to the City of Franklin, ATTN: Human Resources, 9229 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132, or may be dropped off at the City Clerk's Office at the same address (there is a drop box in the blue wall located outside the main entrance for those wanting to drop off applications after 5 p.m.). No applications will be accepted via e-mail or fax. DO NOT SEND APPLICATION PACKETS TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
The completed applications will be reviewed to ensure applicants do meet the required criteria and that the application has been completed properly. Failure to completely fill out the application and/or return it by the deadline will be cause for disqualification.
If you have any questions, please call Human Resources Coordinator Dana Zahn at 414-427-7505, Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Click HERE to apply